Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today in Glenmoore 1-27-11

Greetings from Glenmoore
Big news over the past few days is snow.  Here are a few shots for you folks in the south who don't remember what 15" of snow looks like.

Check out those drifts on the roof, they're almost three feet high.

By the way, no sign of the donkey's in the snow.  Must be some cold asses out in that pasture.  Luckily the farmer has a little donkey hut for them.

Laurie
What can I say other than "Two down and four to go".  Laurie is doing great, motoring around the house.  OT and PT in-home.  Best news was that the OT said folding laundry and doing the dishes is good therapy for her motor skills.

Hoping to cruise through this cycle.  New CT scans on Valentines day before treatment number 3.  I've requested red contrast dye in honor of the hallmark holiday.  Also we head to Baltimore to meet with the "Guru" in the coming weeks.  We're hoping to make a bit of a getaway out of the consult and  enjoy the inner harbor.

8 Little Words
Who would have thought that those eight little words we mocked in college would some day come back to haunt us.  I can remember sitting in our apartment at Penn State just mocking those ads with someone saying "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up".  Now they are closer to home.

Oh, you think I'm talking about Laurie - hell no.  I'm talking about me.  The other night Murph came over for one of our regular gin nights.  We sit, drink wine and usually I take his money playing knock gin rummy.  This week he won (it was a donkey kicking).  After a bottle of wine we decided to break out the Ron Zocapo 23 year old rum - and proceeded to drink half the bottle.

After Murph left I was stumbling around the house thinking, what the heck do I do if I fall and can't get up.  Laurie isn't going to be able to help me -  she has been asleep for hours anyway (I could hear that low rumble from the bedroom).   I immediately got online the next day and started researching Med Alert bracelets - for me.

Did you know that you can program who they call depending on the situation?  It's a shame that the PA State Liquor Stores don't deliver.  "Yes, I've fallen, could you send over another bottle of Kettle One so I don't remember it tomorrow, back door is open".

One Last Thing
OK, I just can't let this one pass.  As many of you know Anika is getting ready for her third child.  I suppose at a certain age you don't have "baby showers".  There is this new thing called a "Sprinkle Shower".  So Laurie and Kim are throwing one of these Sprinkle Showers for Anika.

I'm sorry, but every time I hear this I think Tinkle Shower (in honor of my mother who couldn't say "pee").  And from Tinkle Shower, where do you go next???  If you don't get there, you wouldn't get the joke anyway.  It may say something about my friends, but they all take this to the logical conclusion.

Today's Quote

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is

No comments:

Post a Comment