Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today in Glenmoore 2-2-11

Lead Story
Groundhog did not see his shadow today - Spring is coming.  I should note that this is exactly the same thing Laurie said to me when I woke her up at 8:00 AM.  However, there were a few expletives in her phrasing that even a cute little groundhog wouldn't utter after being dragged out of bed into the freezing cold.

We were fortunate to escape the national blizzard that our friends up north experienced.  Nothing but a little ice that really wasn't much.

Laurie Update
All is well with Ms. Laurie.  She is recovering from the first few days of her treatment where she said she felt like Pooh - and she wasn't referring to Winnie.

On Sunday I threw Laurie into her transport chair and toured the neighborhood.  She thoroughly enjoyed her outing as evidenced in this picture.  She looks happier than a pig in sh*t.

And the life of a princess is special.  I've been slaving at Wegman's buying all the appropriate organic fruits and veggies, making fresh juice everyday, etc.  On Sunday I braised an organic chicken with organic vegetables - a meal fit for a princess.  After we came back from our stroll she said "I just want a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup".  Can you imagine that - I'm sweating the details on getting all the right stuff into her and she picks something that is the epitome of unhealthiness.  Oh well, she ate it and enjoyed it.

Paul Update
What can I say, at least I'm eating healthy.  I finally crossed my weight loss target of 22 pounds.  I'm now shooting for another 10 and heading out to buy some pants that don't make me look like a homie in the hood. And the Kettle supply is still good so Paul's spirits are great.

Quote of the Week
This weeks quote was sent in by Anne in West Chester...
"Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable."

-          Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749 - 1832

Picture of the Week (new feature to TIG)
This also was sent in by one of our readers - Maryanne of Lafayette Hill

"But Mom, you told me to get my head out of my ..."
Cheers,
Ed E. Tor

No comments:

Post a Comment